Adoption request[edit source]
Hi. I’ve given you admin and bureaucrat rights on this community as you requested. You now have the tools you need to clean up, customize, and maintain the wiki.
- Check out Wiki Features to see which features you can enable (or disable) on your wiki, including chat and many more. If you have adopted an older community with talk pages, you can enable message walls and article comments if you wish. If you are interested in the discussions feature, you can request it using the form at Special:Contact/general.
- Customize your community's look by visiting the Theme Designer, where you can add color and style to your background and wordmark for your desktop visitors.
- Customize the mobile home page and convert infoboxes to the new portable infobox format for your visitors on mobile devices.
- Look through the various useful reports available at Special:Insights, including popular pages, uncategorized pages, and wanted pages for ideas on ways to improve your community.
- Stop by Community Central to stay informed with our staff blog, and ask questions on our community forum, or chat with fellow contributors.
- Lastly, visit our help pages to learn the ins and outs of running a wiki, including tips for managing your community, how to attract contributors, and how to add other admins.
Check out your Admin Dashboard, which can be found by clicking "Admin" on the bottom toolbar. It has links to all your new tools. Please let me know if you have any questions, and good luck with the wiki! JoePlay (talk) 17:29, April 9, 2020 (UTC)
Please can we talk on discord?
- Hi Nate. My username on Discord is the same as it is on here. You can find me on the Duke4 Discord (https://discord.gg/qccgJ9v). I honestly don't use Discord very much, but I think you can right-click my name and direct message me on there. Smikes (talk) 12:46, July 23, 2020 (UTC)
Category organization[edit source]
Hi Smikes! Bluerock here, your assigned wiki manager from Fandom.
I was just wondering whether it'd be ok for me to rename the top (root) category from the generic default "Browse" to the site name "Duke Nukem Wiki", and have a subcategory for the subject "Duke Nukem", in which all the content categories can go.
These would make best use of the wiki's infrastructure and make it easier for people to find content here via search engines, as well as the mobile site.
- Hi Bluerock!
- Yes, that would be awesome! Please feel free to rename/sort the categories in whatever way best suits the wiki infrastructure, mobile navigation, or search engine optimization. Thanks for your help!! -Smikes (talk) 21:02, 21 September 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks Smikes, I've gone ahead and done this now. Everything should look ok on your end, but if not, please let me know. Just to let you know, I used the already-existing Category:Duke Nukem franchise for the main subject category, to avoid redundancy, so hope this is ok. --Bluerock (talk) 20:22, 2 October 2020 (UTC)
Duke Nukem height[edit source]
Here you go. Included at the back of the N64 memory card there was an official file for Duke Nukem. This file told us his height and weight.
- Thanks, ExcelCore! :) I've never seen this before! The infobox in the Duke Nukem article isn't able to display height and weight (and I'd prefer to keep the infobox free of clutter), but I've added a photo of the "Facts File" from the back of that package to the article. So all of this information can be found on that page now! -Smikes (talk) 07:48, 24 January 2021 (UTC)
Wiki representative[edit source]
I'm the new Fandom wiki representative (formerly called wiki managers - there should be a blog post soon about the re-organization explaining more) on this wiki. Please let me know if you need anything. --Pcj (talk) 15:10, 16 February 2021 (UTC)