Source Ports are versions of a game that have been modified to allow it to run on a different platform. For Duke Nukem 3D, a number of source ports are available to make it compatible with modern OS's, most commonly Windows.
- EDuke32 – EDuke32, a port for Windows/Linux/x86_64/Mac OS X. Most actively updated and advanced port.
- Chocolate Duke3D – Chocolate Duke3D, a port for Windows/Linux/MacOS X based on xDuke. Aims to preserve and document the source code for education.
- JFDuke3D – JFDuke3D, by JonoF. Ported for Windows/Linux/and others.
- Duke3d_w32 – Rancidmeat port for Windows.
- nDuke - nDuke , a port for Windows based in xDuke 19.7.1 features newschool functions for online play.
- hDuke - hDuke , a port for Windows based in xDuke 19.7.1 has better functions for online play.
- xDuke – xDuke, a port for Windows. Commonly used to play online games.
- icculus.org/duke3d – Icculus' port for BeOS/FreeBSD/Linux/Mac OS X/Solaris/Windows/Other.
- PDukeFree Project - PDukeFree Project , a port for Windows.
Notice: To run these ports you should have either the Shareware version, or the Full version files, the full version can be purchased while the shareware version can be downloaded freely.