Rabid Transit takes place in the Subway Duke entered at the end of Movie Set. The subway consists of an oval of track and two stations. There's also a circular room at the side of the tracks with water and a fountain and speaking of that room at the side the tracks themselves cannot hurt you but the trains will crush you to death so timing is of great importance as there will be an occasion or two when you have to walk on the track; using the map can be useful so you can see how close the trains are to your current location on the track. This level can be quite short but expect some heavy resistance at the second station as well as a nasty surprise...
- Open the Lunar Apocalypse poster for a chaingun cannon.
- Jump on top of the leftmost red porn magazine vendor to open a secret holoduke cache.
- Pay attention here. When the subway car first comes, let the first one pass, and the second one come to the station. Ride the last car once it comes so you won't risk getting killed when you jump off. After you see the lit Devastator compartment, immediately jump off. Throw a pipebomb to the right of the compartment, and blow up the section of the wall for a secret. Do this quickly before you get plastered by the next subway train.
- Past the blue keycard door, open the "No Loitering" sign to find some much needed RPG ammo.
- After making it past the tough ambush by the battlelords, open the wall left of the drinking fountain to access a rather creepy secret. Inside the secret, use the control panel to open a side room.
- In the bookshelf area near the end of the level, find the crack in the wall near the right bookshelf and blow it up for a shortcut back to a level and some items.
- From the edge of the opening revealed in the previous secret jump on top of the bookshelf and walk forward. The next bookshelf will partially sink into the floor, revealing a secret area.
- NOT COUNTED SECRET!: Operate the cash register to open a secret bookshelf area containing night vision goggles.
- The second train going around the track follows the first one quite closely; when it goes away that will give you time to do what you need to do on the tracks since there will be a large gap before the first train comes round again.
Easter Eggs Edit
- The "Visa" and "MasterCard" stickers are also seen on this level at the cash register.