- Not to be confused with the Duke Nukem 3D level of the same name.
Critical Mass is a total conversion for Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition. It was created by Bocao (Vitor de Paulo) and released on January 17th, 2003. It contains new levels, weapons, enemies, sound effects, and a new boss.
Aliens are controlling a nuclear research facility. A teleporter must be used to gain entry into the facility, and the only escape is via turboplane at a hangar.
- Might Boot
- Chaingun Cannon
- Rail Gun (uses the Rail Gun sprite from Quake II, RPG replacement)
- Pipe bomb
- BFG 9000 (uses the BFG 9000 sprite from Doom, Shrinker replacement)
- Dual Pistols (function similarly to the Dual Uzi from Shadow Warrior, Microwave Expander replacement)
- Laser Tripbomb
- Detonator (uses a new sprite, replacement for Freezethrower)
(The Devastator has been removed.)
- Assault Trooper
- Assault Captain
- Super Trooper (wears a blue vest, armed with a grenade launcher and a rail gun)
- Pig Cop
- New Assault Commander (uses a rail gun)
- Storm Tank (Pig Cop Tank with rail guns, grenades, and a BFG 9000)
- NME (Sentry Drone with a laser scanning system, uses a Detonator)
- The Boss (fought in the "Hangar" level, Cycloid Emperor with a Detonator, can teleport and turn partially invisible)
Episode 1: Critical MassEdit
- 9th Floor
- Critical Mass
(Episodes 2, 3, and 4 are the same as those in Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition. Episode 5, The Birth 2, contains no new levels and kicks the player back to the main menu.)